Non-Resident - Lottery
Public Random Drawing
Applications will be accepted during a publicly advertised open application period each year for enrollment in the following school year. Following the open enrollment period each year, applications shall be counted to determine whether any grade level has received more applications than availability. In the event that this happens, STEAM will hold a public random drawing to determine admission for the impacted grade level, with the exception of existing students, who are guaranteed enrollment in the following school year. Admission preferences in the case of a public random drawing shall be given to the following students in the following order:
1. All students who have attended a charter school operated by River Island Academies.
2. Children of STEAM teachers, staff, and founders identified in the charter (not to exceed 10% of STEAM’s enrollment)
3. Residents of the District who have siblings admitted to or attending STEAM
4. Students who are currently enrolled in Banta Elementary School and students who reside in the Banta Elementary School attendance area (for purposes of the SB 740 Charter School Facility Grant Program )
5. Residents of the District
6. Non-Residents of the District who have siblings admitted to or attending STEAM
7. All other students
The Charter School and the District agree to adhere to the requirements related to admission preferences as set forth in Education Code Section 47605(e)(2)(B)(i)-(iv).